Arateco Systems Limited (doing business as Sharewel) (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 1 April 2021
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via Sharewel and any related service, through any registration or subscription process or through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you rent or offer a Space on Sharewel
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide Sharewel and any other services and products that we provide to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- if you are a Renter, to connect you with Hosts of Spaces that you book and/or make enquiries on, to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions, and to pay any refund to you
- if you are a Host, to connect you with Renter that book and/or make enquiries on your Spaces, to bill you Commission, to deduct and/or collect Commission that you owe us, and to account to you for and pay you any rent due to you
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
If you are a Renter and you book and/or make an enquiry to rent a Space, the Host will receive the following information about you: your name, Sharewel user name, profile picture, information about you and any other information you include in your booking form or enquiry or other communications with the Host. Hosts do not have access to your credit card information.
If you are a Host, the information in your Listing will be publicly available. If a Renter books and/or make an enquiry to rent your Space, the Renter will receive the following information about you: your name, Sharewel user name, profile picture, the address of the Space, and any other information you include in your communications with the Renter.
Please be careful about what personal information you provide to other Sharewel users. If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy policies or practices of any other Sharewel user with whom you interact, you should direct your enquiry to that user through Sharewel or via any other communication channels you have with that user.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.